OUR MIRACLE

baby

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Retrieval Day

Here is the update for any of you that are still reading my blog after my last little (monstrous)blog. I really hope I didn't offend anyone.
Today was retrieval day. We had our appt at 8:45am down at the U of U. They are really great and friendly there. They know what they are doing and talking about. I got my iv started and they put my sleepy med in. (oh how I love the sleepy med) They actually let Sang sit by me and watch the monitor as they did the procedure. He thought it was pretty cool what they can do. They put in the ultrasound stick and then the vacuum needle. (that's my term for it, I don't remember what they called it) Sang watched as they drained all of the fluid out of several follies. I asked how many and he said he wasn't counting. The nurses told him that from what they could tell without looking into microscopes at the eggs we should have around 10 that are mature and ready, as long as they look normal. We might have more and we might have less depending on how they look.
Sang is amazing and has taken such good care of me. He would feed me crackers so I didn't have to move. He had to go to work but he made sure I was taken care of and had everything I needed before he left. He also left me a little note telling me that I did great today and he loves me. I honestly don't know what I would do without him through all of this. He is perfect.

1 comment:

April said...

Oh yeah good luck!!!! I hope things keep going well and Sang is great but so are you. What a hard thing to go through you are amazing and I just pray for this to work!
Thanks for sharing your feelings below too.