OUR MIRACLE

baby

Sunday, May 4, 2008

ER

This week ended up being a lot different than expected. It is funny how we get into a routine and have to figure out how to adjust to the unexpected events that slip into our lives on occation.
On monday night I had a volleyball game and stopped on my way to get a breakfast burrito from Beto's (love them) I didn't have a ton of time so I ate a lot and fast. Bad idea. For my games I felt sluggish and a little sick. I figured the next morning I would feel better. I was wrong, the pain expanded into my lower right side. some of you might know where this is going. But I thought I knew and was wrong. I it is very common for me to have cyst on my ovaries so I figured that was all it was. So as usual I was just going to tough it out until it went away. It got bad enough I would come home from work and lay in bed the whole evening. Which I have never hurt so bad and so long from a cyst so on Thursday I went to my OB and they did an unltasound. No cysts!! I knew it had to be something more serious so I went into the IC in North Ogden (were I work on call) and they took blood test and told me I needed to get to the hospital and that they had called and arranged a CT and informed the on-call surgen that they had a patient coming in with possible appendicitis. Sang was just getting off work so I met him at home and my parents hurried over to help give me a blessing before we left. We got at the ER a little before 11:00, got the CT and I tested possitive so they checked me in and got me into a bed. The ER was really busy because of a few car accidents so they told us it would be a few hours. Poor Sang had to try to sleep in one of their uncomfortable chairs while I was nice and as comfy as I could get in a soft padded cozy bed. (That is when you know they love you!) 5:00 came and they were ready for me. They did a laparoscopic surgery where they make 3 small cuts in the tummy. Lower tummy, mid tummy and upper tummy. The upper tummy the only one that I can tell is there, especially when I laugh or cough, or try to sit up in bed. I really haven't had much time to recover. Sang's brother graduated Friday morning and his family from Cali came to visit for the weekend so we had to take advantage of the chance to spend time with them. They were really good to let me take up half the couch. Also on Saturday, one of my brothers friends that has been adopted by my family, got married. (He even listed my parents as the grooms parents along with his actual parent, on their invitations) He is basically my brother so there was no way I was going to miss that either. Thank goodness for Sundays, the "day of rest". Now I am getting the rest I need to recover and Sang is catching up on sleep from the loooong night he had in the uncomfortable hospital chair.
Sang has been so amazing and has done so much for me. I love that he has lived his life worthy to hold the priesthood and was able to give me the blessing I needed. I truly have been blessed with a husband that I am not worthy to have but I will do all I can to keep him. He has taught me so much. I love you Sang!!!
The drugs are kicking in so I'm going to go nap.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

We are glad everything went well. Let us know if you need anything!

Missy said...

We our glad tha you are feeling better. We wish you could have played volleyball last night they were good games. I have a shirt for you and we are going to have a pizza party at Ang's house again so we will let you know when that happens. If you need anything let us know.

Nancy Mc said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad that things went well. Appendicts can be so scary.

DeAnna said...

wow! So glad that you are ok! that is scary! I thought you were going to say that Beto's poisoned you. I'm glad you listened to your body and got checked out before it could rupture. Feel better soon!

Erin said...

Heidi, I am so glad that you found my blog. It is so fun to find old faces. How are you feeling? Hope everything is going well.

t & e said...

That is so scary. We are glad everything is ok. Hope that everything else is going ok for you two!

April said...

Heidi that is awful. I have been hearing of a lot of people having that happen lately. Sounds like you need to take it easy. I hope you start to feel better. Did you hear Bob is in town? We need to all get together and have a BBQ.

April said...

Oh, did you have the hiccups? I heard that if you have right sided pain that is really bad and hiccups its a appendix. Just wondering.

Kristen said...

Heidi, oh my gosh!!! I 'am gald that you are going better I can't even imagine the pain. NO more betos (ha ha) I hope all is well with you guys. Now that everyone is home for thr summer we should all do dinner.